Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Puppy Paws and Tennis Courts

Ok so here's the situation, I took Ms. Lana out to play as I try to do everyday. We went out a little later than usual yesterday. As a result of this, there were WAY too many kids crowded around our usual play area. So we confined ourselves to the tennis courts where we used to play, so Lana would diturb or chase the little hoodlums. We were having a grand old time and Lana was running like a maniac. She had plenty of water and her little friend Zoe from the 3rd floor even came down to play with her.

About an hour later Lana was resting in the grass and had begun limping. I thought perhaps that she maybe ran a little too hard on her paw and maybe twisted it. I began to overheat so we trudged back upstairs to cool off. I didn't think much of Lana's limping as it had happened before and she didn't seem too bothered by it.

Well, Katrina comes home and Lana and I are chillin out and her mama says, "What's this?"



I clearly have no idea as it looks and feels like a piece of vinyl. So I check Lana's feet......

"OMYGOD!!! Call the vet! Her pads are falling off!" I say. Her front pad looks all raw and scary and the pad is kind of hanging there. This one was from one of her back paws.

So Trink gets on the phone with the vet and asks them if this is something to be concerned about etc..... They tell her to bring Lana in because it can be very painful. Mind you, Lana is not bleeding or whimpering or anything. Her Panicked mommy is worried. So, we head out to the vets, I like a complete retard decide that she can now not walk on her own paws and proceed to pick said 65lb dog up and carry her to the car. BAD IDEA.

We get to the vet they look at her paws and "Aww... poor puppy....we'll trim these others and put bootys on her."

Of course it's my fault for running her on what has amounted to an inferno, tennis court of death. I have marred my puppy. I feel like the worst mom ever!!! The vet reassures me as does my wonderful g/f that it was an accident and how was I to know? Even Lana let's me know it's ok. They knocked her out and cleaned her up....


And now she has three wrapped paws that I'm amazed she hasn't tried to chew through yet. God bless her little heart. She is such a good dog. Our vet was very nice and very,. very good to us on the price of the visit. It could've been about $300 but she cut us a break.


So we go back on Friday to get her bandages off. As long as we can keep them dry and mostly clean, she should be fine.


So, some pain pills with lunch and lots of love and some french fries. My little 4 legged best friend is doing fine.


Look at that face!!!


She got to snuggle with her mama as a treat to go to bed.

Man we love our pets!!!

Peace Ya'll!

No comments: