Friday, January 18, 2008

Miracles


For the past 2 days I have been in a terrible funk. I thought we lost our cat Midnite..... she's about 19 yrs old. She loves to lay out back on our balcony and sun herself. It's one of her favorite things. For the last few days though, she's taken to laying outside the railing, making me very nervous.
Wednesday she was out there doing her usual thing, just laying there sunning and I thought nothing of it. Until dinner time when I fed the kitties and Midnite didn't come running as usual. I was a little worried at first, so I looked out back and she wasn't there, I looked in their room and she wasn't there. I began to panic. I starting tearing the house apart looking for her. Nothing. For 2 days I looked and looked, we put up fliers, and Lana and I traversed the neighborhood. We searched everywhere she could possibly be, IF she had fallen. We found nothing, not a sign, not a peep.
I was in hysterics, heartbroken and so was my Trinket, Midnite is her baby. This morning, I was about to head back into the kitty room having determined that she went somewhere to die and found a place to hide. I opened the back door for Lana....and there on the first floor (we live on the 4th) lying on a cable box is our kitty Midnite. Sunning herself like it's just another day in the neighborhood.
I have never run so fast in my life. I nearly killed myself. She was scared at first and then realized that it was me and I brought her upstairs to eat and drink.
Our hearts are whole again and our kitty is back safe and sound.
Thank GOD!!!
Peace ya'll!

No comments: