Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Courage at any age...


Yesterday, we got our Newsweek magazine with a lovely cover discussing Osama Bin Laden. I opened it up and saw this.

I felt so proud of Lorraine Barr. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her to deal with all these feelings and not know who it was "safe" to talk to about them.

I think our generation take it for granted that as GLBT people that it's just accepted, or at the very least discussed in an open forum. As I read her story I was touched by her act of bravery. The courage it must have taken for her to finally be able to talk about the love(s) in her life.

Many of us will never experience the ridicule and disgust that so many people felt and continue to feel towards things they don't understand.

Here's to you Lorraine! I hope that this opens doors, and frees your soul. Love is a beautiful thing and may you be blessed always!

Peace ya'll!
D

2 comments:

Lipglossles said...

That was a beautiful, yet sad story. We are blessed to be moving with evolving times---slowly moving but moving. Life is Good

Thanks for sharing

Trop said...

What a tender reminder of how much things have changed. We are indeed lucky.