Friday, November 04, 2005

OH THAT Hurricane Part Deux....



DANGLING ROOF......^

Okay, picking up where we left off....our apartment was TRASHED. No warning, no notice NOTHING from the leasing office. I lost it. I mean, LOST IT! There was stuff all over our bed from the bathroom, from our walls. I didn't know what was broken, what was ruined. NOTHING. I started crying terribly. Where would we stay? We had no ceiling, no walls....our apartment was fine when we left in the morning. So, of course I call my family....my brother THE COP being the first person I call. He tells me to call Plantation Police and make a general report with them. He also tells me that he's on his way up from Kendall and he's taking off work because I'm soo upset.... (My HERO).

Plantation PD tells me there's nothing they can do. We should find somewhere to stay....(easy for you to say...where the hell do we go?) We start documenting all the damage with our video camera. I don't even know where my digital camera is. I start calling some friends to see if there's anywhere we can stay. My head hurts, my cats are FREAKED OUT and I've got to pack them all up and find somewhere to sleep. Hotells are booked for WEEKS....and well we're on the kindness of our friends. My brother shows up and all hell breaks loose.....he's PISSED. Helps us get the car loaded up and tells us to raise holy hell with the leasing office.

Trink calls our friend Shannon to see if we can stay at his place even though he doesn't have power....he says "SURE! We're all over here at Jen's though why don't you come here get a shower and some sleep though." So, we head up to Jen's....she's got a tiny 2/1....and there are six people already staying there....OY VEY! Me, Trink and Lana get an air matress in the livingroom. We are SOO VERY grateful. The cats are downstairs in the complex "common room". It's midnight and Jen is up with us, making sure we're okay....God Love her she's got such a big heart. I can't calm down....I'm having a panic attack and Trink is desperate to calm me. Jen goes to sleep, and Trink and I try to get some. Rough night....terrible.....but oh were we happy to be somewhere safe with people we love.

The next morning.... we decide we just can't stay here and Shannon tells us to setup at his place. The cats can have the guest bedroom and we can have his room. This way we don't have to pack the creatures up whenever we leave to get stuff down. Again, we are GRATEFUL and happy. He has no power but we don't care. We drop off the cats and head out to our leasing office to find out... WTF?!?! When we speak with our manager her words are..... "They did your apartment? But you didn't have any damage!"

Our reaction was priceless.... "NO SHIT!!! So now what?"

"Well, I don't understand what is going on, can you find a hotel?"

"Are you kidding me? What about all of our stuff? That was strewn about? What is things are broken? Those PEOPLE came into my home tossed all of our stuff around....took our ice, our water and our food. WHAT THE FUCK are you going to do about that? I'm pressing charges on someone! SOMEONE is paying for this disaster!"

Her: "I understand why your upset...they must have found damage when they were doing your neighbors apartment."

Us: "Why didn't you give us any warning? Give us the chance to move our things? Make sure that nothing was stolen??"

Her: "Weeeellll......we kept telling corporate that we needed to warn the residents...but they said, things had to be done right away.."

Us: "Annndd.d....this means WHAT to us? Our apartment was fine ALL frickin week and now all of a sudden there's an emergency?"

Clearly we are getting nowhere.....I tell her she better make it right. She tells us she'll give us a credit on our rent....and will take care of any items that may be damaged. DAMN RIGHT YOU WILL!!

No what do we do??? Find another place to stay......so we stay at Shannon's and get rained out of his place on Tuesday morning..... leaks springing up all over the place. We pack up all the animals, and head up to Jupiter where our friend Tammi is going to put us up. THANK GOD!!! But Let me tell you...they are going to take the gas off of our rent as well..... DAMMIT!!!!

Cut to Wednesday and our anticipated arrival home...... They have the drywall up...and the ceiling.....HALLELUJAH!!!! We unpack everyone and make them safe....SCRAPE off our bed...and sleep......

Thursday morning...they came in and sprayed and painted and plasticed....and.....CRAPOLA are you ever going to be done? I giggle as I watch them try to use the DEATHTRAP HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH It laughs at them unmoving...... I am happy to be home....but it's not the same....it will NEVER be the same again......

DAMN THAT Elevator....my knees are killing me!!!!

PEACE Ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Cala said...

I have been worried about you guys. I had no seen any post in awhile and wondered how you all came out. I wanted to say I am glad you are all doing good. Here is the link to my blog.....I have a link to your page on my links. If you dont' want it there just let me know and I will remove it.


Take care
Shelia
http://cala39.blogspot.com/