Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Best Laid Plans.......

Hello All.....we're home from a beautiful Fall vacation. Where shall I start? Ay yes....the beginning....



Scheduled to leave on November 18th we were so excited to get going. Thursday night had different plans for us. Thursday night, we had planned on seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire at a midnight showing. Yeah we're so excited because we are geeks and just couldn't wait to see it at any other time. Okay....so Katrina orders tickets online and we're ready to go. 5pm comes around and I get a phone call..... "D, the car won't start." "WHAT?!!" "The car....won't...start. Listen." Various clicking and wheezing noises come through the line.... "HOLY SHIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!" I begin FREAKING out....yes, I'm pissed. Not because I'm worried about my vacation, but because we want to see Harry Potter..... (My priorities are screwed up!) "Hold on I'm gonna call Roadside assistance....I'll call you right back.


"Roadside is on their way, you'll get a phone call confirming time etc..."
"Okay.... are you sure?"
"Yeah they'll be there and then will tow you to the dealership. Call me when they get there I'll see if I can find you a ride home."

I proceed to call my friend June who is on her way home from work. She agrees to bring Katrina home, and to just give her a call if anything changes. I love our FRIENDS. Katrina calls me and lets me know that her friend Paulette is going to bring her home and that the tow guy is here. Great..... come home and we'll figure everything else out.....


Trink is home....and we're stressing....naturally the dealership is closed for the night....(6pm) but they'll take a look at the car first thing in the morning. Sounds like the battery, but we'll check it out and make sure....

Damn we wasted $16 on Harry Potter tickets.....

Fine, we figure we'll get Katrina to work somehow and take care of the car in the morning and still be able to leave at noon when we had planned. Sure, the car isn't loaded up or anything, but small setbacks.

FRIDAY MORNING::
We wake up knowing that things are gonna be insane today. Katrina calls work to let them know that she is not gonna be able to make it in, because she has no car. Thank God she has the best boss in the world. No problem. Now onto the next dilemma. How to get to the dealership? We call them to make sure that our car got there. "Yup it's here, we're getting the paperwork together and them we'll get a look at it. We'll call you when it's done."

"We have to leave for vacation today." I tell him this as if he gives a rats' ass.
"No problem, it's probably just the battery."

Okay, Okay....long story short, we get the runaround all morning and about 12:30 we decide to take a cab over to get on someone's ass about it. Now, I don't know how many of you have taken cabs before??? Well, never AGAIN!!! F*CKING RIPOFF!! Moving along...... we get to the dealership, and wouldn't you know it? Tim tells us.... "I was just about to call you guys....it's all done we're just gonna wash her for ya and you can be on your way."

"FUCK YOU TIM! FUCK YOU!! I don't want a wash, just gomme my car now. I've got to go!"

Car under our butts we head home and get the car all packed up and the animals all fed, and the dog all dressed. 1:30 finally we're on the road......

TO Be Continued...






No comments: